Monday, May 2, 2011

The Thoughts.

I know that there are thousands of thoughts swirling around about Osama Bin Laden's death yesterday, so I will only say these 2 things.

First: I cannot believe it was nearly a decade ago that my 15 year old mind was discovering the 'post-9.11' world. For months my pen filled my journal with thoughts of the world that I knew collapsing. I knew people who died, my parents were close to people who died. But some how over time that all went away. Those feelings come back on occasion, most often on September 11th. But they are back today on May 2nd, 2011. Others are finding justice in the death of the leader of Al-Qaeda but all I think of is this -

Second: "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I cannot be happy, but I cannot be sad either. I think I am content today. Everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment