Monday, June 6, 2011

The Psycho Grocer.

I was in a very bad mood this afternoon. So I spent some alone time and got my coupons together and went to the land of milk and honey... and toilet paper, and candy, and shampoo.... I'll stop there. So I get on line - that's right I was ON the line. With my cart. And the lady behind me has 1 box of tissues. Oh boy. So I turned around and asked her to go infront of me because I had a lot of stuff and A LOT of coupons. The stupid lady (at this point I think I am given liberties to say that) then got on her cell phone. So I went ahead and I put my purchases on the counter, scanned my CVS card and my reusable bags card. Then put through 10 coupons.

Meanwhile, the stupid lady behind me is still on the phone and getting very upset. I don't think I set her off but I was definitely a larger thorn in her already thorny day. And then I over hear her say, "Ugh!!! I can't hear you! I'm in CVS and there is a Psycho Grocer in front of me"

Psycho grocer?! First of all I was in a convenience store, you wish you could see what I could do in a grocery store! Second, I never thought that I would be this person, but the stupid lady lead me to it so now I'm going to own it.

(Alright - insert picture of m&m's, 4 canned fruit, toothpaste, etc. but of course when I stick up for myself, blogspot won't let me post pictures. I'll try it later. Anyway.... )

$34.93 spent. $62.11 saved. $10.00 in Extra Care Bucks.

I know - it used to annoy me when people took pictures of their purchases and posted them online and bragged about how much they saved. But I got called a 'Psycho Grocer' and my perspective has changed. It's time to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment