Friday, October 29, 2010

The Good Stuff

Doesn't the sun shine just a little brighter on some days than others? It's not that nothing could go wrong, but rather that the good things just seem a little better. So here's the good stuff:

When I was working at my previous job, I drove to infinity and beyond. Okay, maybe not infinity but at least the "north shore" and beyond the North Shore being from Salisbury to Beverly to Westford. I seriously filled my gas tank once every 5 to 6 days. Ready for the good news? The last time that I fill my tank was Wednesday October 20th. 12 days later I still have a half a tank left. This is glorious! I do not live at the gas station anymore.

While Big was removing a tree stand used for hunting from the woods, a branch attacked his eye and scratched his cornea. This is not the good news. In fact this story doesn't contain any good news besides for the fact that the eye is healing quite nicely. Anyway, the scratched cornea meant that I got to play nurse all weekend. It made me feel really good to take care of my hubby :) Vomit if you want but I loved the feeling of looking after him and making sure that he had everything he needed to feel better as fast as possible.

There is one thing better than a Mounds bar which is an Almond Joy. Just add an almond and it changes the entire flavor. Not to mention it has the word joy in its name. Thank goodness for bingeing on leftover Halloween candy.

A clean living room is maybe the best feeling ever. (Okay, second to bingeing on Almond Joy in a clean living room). I love Big so much that he shall have a spotless living room by the time he gets home from his rehearsal. I would say that I am lazy 90% of the time but I simply thrive for that 10% where I want to nothing but clean clean clean.

I figured it out, this is the good stuff: Bingeing on almond joys and drinking white zinfandel in a clean living room while watching The Real Housewives. Thank you blog, I figured out the key to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment